Mobile Learning Native Application Development Platform and Tools. Instancy Mobile Learning Native App can deliver many types of Courses and Content that can be downloaded.
The Instancy Learning Platform has been updated and released as a native app (Instancy Mobile Learning Native App) that can be installed on mobile devices, in both Android and Apple formats. This app connects with a cloud-based server and allows users to manage registration, browse a catalog of learning and performance support content, their My Learning, Profile, and Progress pages.
The app will work the same way on tablets.
The Instancy Mobile Learning Native App for smartphones and tablets offers several advantages over the mobile web application (Instancy learning platform is also available as a mobile web application). The Native app allows users to download a complete course package and access the content on their device. This gives them the freedom to use the content without the bother of slow download times if they have a low-bandwidth connection or are using their device while travelling, when they can’t connect to the internet.
Similarly, users with limited data plans do not have to worry about overages or throttling. They can download the digital learning content on a wifi connection, and consume it at their leisure without additional data downloads.
Learners can receive push notifications on their mobile device, letting them know that a reminder, course update, or other message is waiting for them when they connect to the server the next time.
Instancy Mobile Learning Native App can deliver many types of content:
- Learning Modules – including interactive multimedia content that support one or more learning objectives
- Learning Tracks – collections of one or more Learning modules, together with its associated references, assessments, resources, and sometimes scheduled events, both in-person and virtual. Learning Tracks are equivalent to “curricula”
- Media Resources – audio and video files that support your learning modules
- Documents – such as MS Word files, spreadsheets, presentations, and PDFs
- References –links to external learning resources such as other apps, videos, audios, eBooks, web pages, etc.
- Events –either (i) a physical class where attendees meet face to face at a specified location or (ii) a virtual class or webinar. (Events can be synchronized with the calendar app on the user’s device.)
- Assessments –tests or quizzes used to evaluate Learner’s skill or knowledge
- Performance support content or knowledge nuggets that can help learners make use of what they have studied on the job
Including brief assessments into the course material helps users verify that they have mastered the material in real time. If they discover that they don’t understand a concept, they can review the material before stumbling onto the next modules.
Courses and Content can be downloaded
The advantage of the native app is that it allows users to download all documents, media, learning and performance support content to their device. This means that they can use it when the internet is not available. It also allows users who have limited data plans to download content when they are connected to wifi, and use it when they are not within reach of wifi, without incurring additional data charges.
If the internet is not available or is blocked when a user logs in, only those courses that have already been downloaded will be accessible through the native app interface.
The app will track the learner’s course progress while the device is offline, and then sync the next time the device connects to the internet.
Similarly, any updates to the course material itself will be held for the next available time the device connects to the internet.
Course progress from the native app is aggregated the same way progress from active on-line users is collected.
The new Instancy Mobile Learning Native App allows Learning Administrators to provide just in time learning and performance support to all of your learners and knowledge workers. Furthermore, the easy-to-use administration controls allow you to personalize the learning content for each user or group of users.
Future updates will allow course designers to take advantage of geolocation and voice activation features on the devices and incorporate this functionality into learning and performance support content.
Learners who spend the bulk of their time at a desk using a PC and learners who commute or travel and who can only access learning content outside regular work settings have the same access to all of the content your enterprise offers to them.
All from an integrated One Mobile Learning App – Instancy Learning Platform Native App.